So I hadn't posted in a few days because I was first getting ready for my trip to MO with just me and the kids and then I was in MO until late last night when we finally made it home. I had NO intentions of starting my diet until after getting back from vacation because I knew it would be a horrible trip if I was just starting a new health craze, so instead I went through an eating frenzy. I know, totally unhealthy and gross, but my mom made enough food to feed us all for a week, and no one rarely cooks different and yummy foods for me, so I took advantage. I ate, then ate some more, then even when my stomach was full and stretched to the max I ate some more. I drank a little wine and enjoyed myself. Glutenous. Terrible, I know. However I looked at pictures of me with the kids and almost cried at myself. I am my own worst enemy. I so want to crop myself out of the pictures with the kids, but it's pictures of me helping the boys learn how to fish and cook hot dogs over a fire and put Tess in the pool for the first time. So they are all memorable moments, so it'd be sad for me to not be there. So I will stay in the pictures and they will be a reminder that I cannot look this way again.
I got back home last night and wrote in my food journal my goals for today which were very simple....eat less, skip the junk, try and keep track of my weight watchers points and drink less caffeine free diet coke (which is a staple in my current diet). So far so good. I'm proud of myself today. I thought because I ate so much this weekend that I would be hungrier today, but I think the pictures of me are branded onto my brain and I am embarrassed at how I look.
Today I have enjoyed foods such as a small slice of home made banana bread for breakfast and a fat free blueberry yogurt. For lunch I had a turkey sandwich on whole wheat flat bread with some veggies and that's it for the day so far. If any of you have any really good low fat recipes for meals for the family that even Tony would eat I'd love to try them!!Beyond the fat part and the glutenous weekend, I had a fabulous time! We spent a great deal of time on my dad's boat, fishing, or riding around, sipping wine, cooking hotdogs over the fire, making smores with the kids, watching fireworks. I missed Tony, but still had a great time. I felt good about being able to do a trip with four kiddos too. That was a super ego boost. The kids had a ton of fun too. None of us got sunburned until our last day there when we just jumped on the boat for about an hour. I lathered up the kids in sunscreen and my arms and some of my face but missed my chest and neck and now have a HUGE red sunburn there. Oh well. It's evidence that I had fun in the sun!
So start your cheering. I need all the encouragement I can get! Today is the official start of my diet and I NEED to do well. I WANT to do well and I want to be a skinnier, healthier me.

I just read all your posts - you have a devoted reader in me! I'll tell you a trick that has helped me in controlling how I eat. I call it the treat rule. I find it pretty easy to eat decent meals at the table, but I can snack away like nobody's business. The times in adult life I have gotten the skinniest are when I limit my number of treats somehow. I start by allowing myself 1 treat eat day. After that gets easy, I lower it to five each week or something along those lines until I feel I have lowered my need for treats and feel in control of my body. Right now I don't have a specific limit, but I don't allow myself more than 1 each day and I find that I don't want one everyday - that's what I mean by being in control of my body. I am pretty strict when I define treats and don't even allow fruit snacks! If I accidentally eat something that counts as a treat, I don't get a good treat later. In the beginning I am always planning my treat throughout the day and looking forward to it - I usually have it after the kiddos are asleep. In the beginning this time I kept accidentally eating one of Scott's fruit snacks or animal crackers while I was holding them for him and I would get so mad at myself that I couldn't have a couple really good cookies later because I ate something I didn't even enjoy eating! I also reward myself for waiting for a good snack by not making it tiny - I don't make it huge, but a few cookies counts as one treat if I wait the whole day for them. Anyway, that turned into a novel, but it's something that has really helped me control my snacking and I thought it might help you too!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try to comment regularly - I love when you comment on my blog. Good luck and you'll hear more from me soon!
Yep, me too! I've been drinking more water too. I'm also hoping to get a job soon, because my line of work is good for weight loss. :)
ReplyDeleteYou should print a photo of yourself that you're unhappy with and put it in the kitchen. That way, it will remind you every time you go in for a snack that you probably don't need one!
ReplyDeleteAlso, anytime you think you feel hungry, drink some water instead. More times than not that feeling is thirst! And anyway, water is filling!
For a healthy snack - freeze some grapes! They are perfect for summer! Also, as soon as you get fruit/veggies from the store immediately clean them and cut them up. That way, they're ready for you right away! Sometimes the prep prevents you from eating something healthy.
I'll think of more things...
Stacey-
ReplyDeleteYOU ROCK!!!