background

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Babies, Babies everywhere!!!!

So I hope that many of you got to read my last post - my inaugural post, because it describes my goals with this blog. If not, please take the time to do so, it will explain this self prescribed blog.

The best place to start is at the beginning. I have four kids for those of you that don't know this. I have been married for seven years this August and for the majority of my adult life I have been pregnant. My kids range in age from 6 years to almost 6 months. Things I have learned about myself during this process is that for my first three pregnancies I loved being pregnant, my fourth I knew it was the last because it just was very confining to me. During each of my pregnancies I never really gained that much weight, less than the average woman I've been told, but it's the post baby weight that I never really lost with each kid. So, I'd gain baby weight and not lose it then get pregnant again and gain new baby weight and not lose it and so on and so forth, so by the end of the whole process I had gained about 60 pounds that I haven't lost. I had gained about 10 pounds when dating Tony, so overall I am hoping to eventually lose about 70-75 pounds. Now as everyone knows, even blogging about it, doesn't mean I'm going to tell you my weight! That would just be crazy!


Here is my main dilemma. I work from home running my own daycare, therefore I don't get out of the house which poses three problems. I don't get real outside exercise, I don't interact with other people and I have a kitchen at my disposal for constant snacking. See my problem? On top of this I am not skilled enough to juggle my schedule to figure out when to exercise. As it is I don't get to bed until midnight most nights, and though I am on the blog right now, kids are here and I can't really  start a workout video when I'm working as easily as I can type up a quick blog. As soon as daycare kids get picked up at 6pm, then it's dinner, baths, play with the kids for a bit, then off to bed for them. After they are asleep I work on paperwork and cleaning up things I couldn't when they were here. So you see suggestions are welcome as to when and how to exercise!

My first step to success I am hoping is to start journaling the things I consume. Then I can see what I actually eat and drink and can then start to see how to start eating less. I need to keep in my head that the kitchen is closed except at mealtimes and that even the cook can't get a taste before then.

So here is a little background info. and a little guide to my life. I wasn't always a fatty, in fact I used to think I was even a little hot! (grins sheepishly) but now I have gone from hotty to self conscience and insecure.


So I plead with the blogging world.....please help me keep myself in check and help me stay sane in the chaos that is my world. More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment