background

Monday, June 28, 2010

Finally it's all about me!!!


This is my inaugural post. Welcome to my new blog that doesn't just talk about my kids. For too long I have submerged myself into my kids' lives and feel like I have lost my identity. I dearly love my children and don't mind most of the time devoting my life to their needs and wants, but am scared that when they are grown and gone (which is happening much faster than I would like) I will not know what to do with myself. Once an avid reader and somewhat of a literary, I have read maybe five books in the last 6 1/2 years. This is just an example of something that is lost - a part of me. When I stop and think about things I am interested in, I just don't know. (As a side note, I had to go back in my photo archives to find a picture of me for this blog that did not involve kids - there were like a total of 5!!!! It's almost like I am the camera woman of my life, but I'm not in it.)

This blog will be about me and generally speaking only me. Yes there might be a kids or husbands name thrown in the mix from time to time, but usually only in reference to how they have made me feel about something. My goal of this blog is to keep it light hearted and to make my life seem funnier than it is. When something is depressing me or making me feel bad I want to take the negative out of it by sharing it with you all and in doing so making it seem funny or find the good in the bad. I hope I succeed. Amidst the "feelings" of this blog I am also going to use this blog to journal my (hopefully successful) weightloss. I've discovered that I am not a good motivator of myself. But if I put it all out there for you to judge and read, I will be more likely to try harder so you all can cheer me on! :) And in doing so, hopefully I will find myself thinner, healthier and happier.I feel like I have so much to say and no one to say it to. I spend my entire day surrounded by kids that the most important thing to them is if they got a new toy or got to do something fun. I feel a little starved for adult communication at times and my poor daycare moms sometimes get caught in my chatty web. I don't have many friends these days and rarely get out of the house because of working at home and then my large family. I'm not complaining but I do desire to be one of those women that has a small group of girlfriends that go to monthly lunches or go to get their hair done together or take their kids to the park together. You know very Sex in the City-ish. Recently my best friend moved out of Omaha, and though we didn't see each other as much as I would have liked, we talked non-stop and now I don't really have that because we are so busy with our own lives. So my goal with this blog is to hopefully put it all out there - speak to my audience, if there is one, and communicate with people older than 5.

Please comment! About my posts, about my weight loss, about my thoughts, about me in general - but try and be kind! This is your window into my brain so tread lightly! :)
I hope to entertain you a bit and keep you coming back for more. I already have like the next 50 blog posts in mind because as many of you know I like to talk, so this is just one more way to do that!

Well I will close for tonight and start my weight loss posting tomorrow. I intend on trying to post daily no matter if it's just one sentence (which might be impossible for me) or a books worth of commentary. I will still have my family blog at coffeylifeomaha.blogspot.com where I will talk about my family and things the kids are up to but this one is just for me. So check often for updates and welcome to a blog that is all about me.

3 comments:

  1. Stacey, I applaud you. This going to be a great thing. I promise to check in from time to time and keep you accountable if you start slacking. Really.... this is awesome! ~look forward for what's to come...laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made a blog that's mostly focused on you. I think you'll get really caught up in it, because it's addictive to talk about yourself (as conceited as that sounds), even if it's like you said, one sentence. I'm planning on getting in shape too, so we can motivate each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I know it's been hard, but I've thought all along you need to get out more and have some fun, Stacey time.

    Blog on...!

    ReplyDelete