background

Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's Fall and life is good!

My favorite time of year is finally here. It's a time of year where fat or skinny, young or old, stressed or poor it doesn't matter! It's Fall. I love everything about this season, from the pumpkins, to the falling leaves to raking those falling leaves and the smells of the cold air and dead leaves and the wood burning stoves of the neighbors. MMMMM. Love those smells. I love apples and stews and the changing colors. If you can think of something about fall, I can promise you I love it! It makes me euphoric. It makes me feel like I am floating on a cloud of with not a care in the world. Seriously. As crazy as it sounds! For instance right now I am a failure at losing weight and just keep eating like I have a death wish and finding NO time to work out, and we are in an extremely bad financial way right now, but I don't feel stressed one bit about it. It's the season I tell ya, it calms me like nothing else can!

It's a good thing my 30th birthday also lands in the month of October (exactly two weeks away in fact) because the season is making me less stressed out about the fact that I am about to be 30!!!!! But let's move on from that fact. My 30th birthday is looking to be a fun party. My sisters and parents and best friend and her family are all coming into town to celebrate ME! (see it IS all about me!!) :) My birthday just so happens to land on a Saturday so I am making the whole crew follow me to Vala's Pumpkin Patch in the Omaha area (a HUGE and AWESOME pumpkin patch that you spend all day at and still don't get to do everything) for the day and then getting babysitters that night so the grown ups can go to a nice dinner and drinks to follow. I hope I have something cute to wear that won't show off my huge gut. :(

Despite my failed attempts a weight loss as of late, I am feeling a bit more motivated these days to accomplish things I hadn't made time for before. I am proud of myself of a couple of things too. First being that I used to be a night owl not by choice but because that's the only time I have to myself after the kiddos and hubby go to bed. BUT  I have been so exhausted lately that I have decided that I need to make a bedtime for myself. So lately I have been making myself be in bed at 10pm, no matter what I need to get done. Just leave it for the next day. Let me tell you I have felt renewed all week because of extra sleep I have been getting. That is one thing that might help me lose weight because I think somewhere I read that people that get better sleep tend to lose more weight. So here's hoping!

The other thing I am proud of myself about (even though it technically hasn't happened yet) is that I told Raymond and Owen that once my 24 pack of Caffeine free diet coke ran out I wasn't going to buy anymore and I could only have soda when we go out to eat as a treat because I drink entirely too much soda. So they are going to help me moderate my soda intake. These two changes are significant in my life so I hope I can keep them up because that too will make me happy!

Anyways...these are just a couple of little things I had to say. I am so excited that it is October and that I can finally enjoy my favorite time of year! I will post some pictures soon, but tonight Tony took Owen to the semi-pro local football game and he took the camera with him that has any new pictures on it! So you'll just have to wait. Sorry.

I am off to fold more clothes and bask in my euphoric Fall.

P.S. I am the best bargain shopper in the world!!! (yes I am bragging) I find end of season stuff for Tess for less than $2.00 a piece at Old Navy and Target all the time. She is almost stocked up to 2T!! Tonight I found her 12 MORE things that were all under $5 to start with and they were marked 50% off of that at Old Navy! Sorry I had to brag a bit because it's like a high to find such bargains!

Happy Fall everyone. Go play in the leaves, go for an evening stroll with your honey, eat caramel apples and beef stew and carve a great pumpkin! I will chat with you soon and definitely will post 30th birthday pictures in a few weeks, but for now, go enjoy the FALL!

3 comments:

  1. You sound incredibly happy. It makes me happy! We're enjoying fall too. We're going to go pick apples in a couple weeks and probably get a pumpkin while we're out. Fall is so different out here in New York! Last year we were in Gillette and we had a huge blizzard on the first weekend of October. This year it has gotten colder, but it's more of a gradual change in the weather rather than winter suddenly appearing! Anyway, It makes me happy to hear that you're making little changes to make you happier. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is mine - and Todd's - favorite season too! And yes, getting more sleep helps with weight loss. When you are tired you tend to eat more, and unhealthy, things the next day. And drinking less diet soda is good too. Drink unsweetened tea instead. Diet soda eats away your insides - especially bone density. :)

    See you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey, this post makes me want to go for a walk in the woods and play in the leaves in our yard...yes...we are getting a pretty good spread of leaves already. I haven't even finished the new flower beds yet!!! I planted one huge red maroon mum yesterday, and a few more to follow tomorrow. It's supposed to rain this weekend, and I wanted to have a good sale, but don't guess that will happen. Lots to do to get ready for it anyway. Dad and I went for a walk today, and it was gorgeous out. It gets pretty chilly in the evening, though. I never thought I'd say that, after this horribly hot, humid summer. Yes, I have learned that not enough sleep can make you gain weight, too, along with stress. It seems unfair that there are so many things that make you gain, but very few that make you lose, unless you're sick or something. It's always a challenge, and discipline. I'm glad you are happy about Fall. It is a rejuvenation, and gathering, before the snow flies. It is a peaceful time, it seems, and a time for reflection in everything I do, whether cleaning out closets, picking apples, cleaning out flower beds, going for walks and stopping to talk to friends and acquaintances, or sipping on some coffee or hot soup. Love it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete